8.11.2005

the latest scam (at least in my book)

so i'm cleaning the apartment to get ready for the in-laws this weekend. there i am down on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor and my wife insults me by handing me a swiffer wet jet. do you have one of these items? at first glance they seem ingenius. way cooler than a tradtional mop and definitely easier than scrubbing with a sponge. it even has a trigger to shoot cleaning solution on the floor! whoa. but unfortunately it fails to do any real cleaning. all the swiffer does is push the dirt around, smearing it into the tile. and the scouring pad at the top is lame. you're not going to remove any crusty items with that. if forget what this cleaning device costs (i think $30 with a coupon?) initially and then they nail you on refills. i'm sticking to soap and water, elbow grease and a sponge. mom will be proud.

1 comment:

Ed said...

I WAS ALWAYS A BIG FAN OF THE ORIGINAL SWIFFER. IT REALLY GOT THE JOB DONE ON MY HARDWOODS, BUT THE WET JET... I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO GET THE WET JET SO WHEN THE WIFE ASKS ME TO HELP WITH THE CLEANING I COULD BUST OUT THE FLOORS WITHOUT HAVING TO BRING OUT THE MOP AND BUCKET. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP, MAYBE I WILL STICK WITH THE TRIED AND TRUE WAYS AS WELL.