2.08.2006

Back to the Blog...

For the past five weeks Laura and I have been in the process of moving from Greensboro, NC to Long Island, NY. Laura started a new job on January 3rd so she moved to NY while I continued working in NC. I stayed with friends (thanks Ray and Tere!) after we moved all of our furniture out of the apartment. I officially moved to LI on Sunday, driving the 10 hours on Super Bowl Sunday, because I started a new job myself with LKB, Inc.

I packed up our stuff myself instead of hiring movers. It was quite a job. It took me over a week. I figured I saved about 3000 bucks doing it that way. I rented a truck and drove the 600+ miles. It was a haul and the truck was a hoss (a 22 footer). I left at midnight and made it to NY at 2pm the next day. A couple extra hours longer then I expected because I was lost in Brooklyn, after I smashed the passenger's side mirror at the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge toll booth. It was a circus there for a little while as I passed back and forth JFK International airport trying to find my way. The Van Wyck saved me and I finally made it to our apartment.

Special thanks to Ray, Lou, Vick, Jonathan, Mom, Dad, Bri, Corrie, Cand and Josh for helping us move. We couldn't have done it without you!

...

3 comments:

Susie B said...

thanks for the update, glad to know you got there realitively unharmed...hehe. hope you are enjoying life! Miss you tons!

just a barking pig said...

we never got to have our coffee date. i'm sad. Miss you already. hope all is well.... love and hugs to both.
~Kristy

Jason Snook said...

Chez! New York, huh! hehe, enjoy those winters bro ;-) I'm just basically reentering the blogsphere in any significant capacity and wanted to check out how you're doing. I hope you and Mrs. Chez are doing well. I miss you bro.