2.03.2011

NYC Council to Ban Smoking in City Parks & Beaches...

It is nice not smelling like cigarette smoke after eating at a restaurant or having a drink at the bar. However I do miss the occasional second-hand smoke buzz.

It would be nice to know the reasoning behind the council's ruling. Cigarette butts on the ground is the most annoying aspect of smoking. Nail them for littering, not smoking right? I don't ever recall having a day at the park ruined by second-hand smoke. Keeping my toddler from picking up the discarded butts is the challenge.

With rulings like this, and the high taxes & cost of living, it makes New York less and less appealing (and feasible). It should be a kick in the rear for people to get involved in their local governments. I went to my first Town of Babylon board meeting. There were about 20 people there and 10 of them looked like staffers.

No comments: