11.23.2008

Twilight - When you can live forever what do you live for?

Laura wanted to go see the movie Twilight because she heard a lot of buzz and hype - long lines, sold out shows, etc.  Neither one of us knew anything about it or seen the trailer.  I thought it was going to be about aliens for no other reason than the title is Twilight and aliens generally come out at night.

That was my only presupposition going in (however, I was a little miffed paying $21.50 for two tickets and 10 bucks for popcorn - in the words of my grandfather, "I'm not cheap but I know when I'm being ripped off"). Otherwise my mind was pretty open which can be a rare experience.

I am still reflecting on the movie.  It wasn't really about sitting there and being entertained.  I felt like there was a message - though I'm unable to articulate it at this time.

For what it is worth I recommend dropping the $10.75 on a ticket.

4 comments:

@pril G said...

so... is it about aliens? I thought it was about vampires.

Kevin Cieslukowski said...

Vampires it is...during the movie I was thinking werewolves during the movie. Laura just bought the book so I am excited to see how it compares.

@pril G said...

Hmm... is it gory? Is it suspenseful? Is it like every other vampire movie I've seen?

Kevin Cieslukowski said...

Hahahahahahahaha...our server at a restaurant told me i looked like the guy from the movie.

must have been the receding hairline that made the connection in her mind.

or maybe she was just working the tip.