8.05.2005

the intelligent investor...

for years i've been wanting to gain more knowledge of investing. this past year i have read two books on money and investing. The first one is Smart Couples Finish Rich by David Bach. I read through it quickly learning a lot. I recommend it. The second book was Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki. Also quite good. This book was more encouraging and inspiring than giving how-to's of investing. And finally the book I recently purchased through my conservative book club (visualize Laura rolling her eye's in the background) is The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham. It was recommended by Warren Buffett. Worried that it might be over my head, I have been pleasantly surprised at the, shall I say, accessability. Today I finished chapter two at Barne's as I sipped my $1.77 cup of coffee. Here's a couple lines that stuck out: Intelligent investing is more a matter of mental approach than it is of technique. A sound mental approach toward stock fluctuations is the touchstone of all successful investment under present day conditions. ...indifference to market fluctuations... ...deal in values, not price movements... What good is it to have money without wisdom? Proverbs

No comments: